Wednesday 7 October 2015

Photography initial ideas

With many of the more upmarket magazines, which I am aiming to create, the central image on the cover has a black background with the main artist centred, often fairly close to the camera (medium close-up to close up.) I am planning on using the drama studio and its lighting to photograph the artist who I will be writing about in my double page spread, Michael Adcock. I will start off with the plain black backdrop, and I will experiment with editing it to look completely black or leaving it as a curtain, as this would connote the film/theatre aspect of my magazine and also add a bit of variety to my images.
     I will also keep the mise-en-scene unconventional and unique, with my model holding a ukulele as opposed to the usual conventions of a guitar. I will also have him wearing a red suit including blazer, waistcoat and tie as this is a very different take on what stereotypical teens are depicted as wearing. i.e hoodies, T-shirts and trainers.
     This will give my magazine a very distinct feel and make it appeal to my audience (fans of indie and alternative music.)

No comments:

Post a Comment